Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Fantastic Women

I've just got to plug my Women's Group here. We met tonight, as we do about every two weeks, for our book discussion. Part of the meeting ends up being about the book and the rest is about our lives and what's important to us. I love that we can talk politics, world events, women's rights, you name it. We disagree with each other about as often as we agree. That's what makes the group so special to me. When everyone thinks entirely alike, how can you learn from one another? The other part that I like is that we are all women with metaphysical beliefs. No real fundamentalists here. Not that there's anything wrong with that (insert Seinfeld moment here). Just that we all have the same overall perspective and share the same basic spiritual beliefs. How great is that???

So tonight we briefly got off on a tangent about the choices we make before we're born and the choices we continue to make that affect every aspect of our lives. Told you we're cool! Then I get home and check my email. There's a message from the Universe. Yep, we correspond. We're tight. Actually, it's a service offered (free) through www.tut.com. So here is my message for today:

I'm alright with the concept of Karma as it's generally understood, Cheryl, kind-of, sort-of.

The idea of spiritual contracts is pretty nifty, too. You've always been a wheeler-dealer.

Except, of course, if either were laws, you wouldn't be unlimited.

Not even a little.

Oh well, they were cute ideas for awhile.

The Universe

Me again. That Universe! Always so timely! So where do you stand? Spiritual contracts? Karma? Law of attraction?

P.S. Emily has really great stories about being a Colonel on the drill team - and she's only 12!

5 comments:

The Muse's Oracle said...

Karma? It it very much like the law of attraction isn't it? What you give is what comes back to you. Just now realized how similar they are. Maybe everything comes down to the same universal law. So glad you had a good time at Women's Group. It was good to see you if only for a few minutes. Just wrote you a huge letter!

Christy said...

I believe! I definitely have examples from my own life that support the law of attraction. When Emily struggles with drill team issues I try to remind her of Karma. As long as we remember who we are, our lives will continue to be happy whether we are line girls or colonels.

StaceyG said...

I agree that karma is really just the Law of Attraction. I have seen that demonstrated in the last few days in my own life. Someone called it karma but I just don't buy it.
Your group sounds awesome!

cjm said...

You know, I'm thinking about how about a year or so ago you were talking about how you wished you had more good friends. I'm pretty sure you were wistful for your old pals in the Big B. I'm very glad you've found some in this group. Another example, eh?

Cheryl said...

Yep, cjh, another example.

As for what the universe said, I think I believe in Karma, I'm pretty sure I believe in spiritual contracts, and I'm almost certain I believe in the law of attraction. Apparently it's like gravity: it works whether you believe in it or not.