Saturday, January 27, 2007

Permission

My car was repossessed last week. I've been having trouble making payments for a while now. Despite my best efforts to work things out with the finance folks, they came in the night and took it. I've been struggling this week to get to and from work and to get Luke to and from daycare. People have helped and I am immensely grateful. I know that if they could help me get the car back, they would. I am blessed to have such good friends. I thought I had things figured out and that I could get an instant loan for the tax refund only to find out this morning that I wasn't approved and that I have to wait another 10 days. And I've been concerned that my car will be auctioned off before I can get the money. Luke's stroller and other things are in my car and I feel bad that I was careless enough to leave them there. This is a bad time for me but there is a bright side.

My email from "the universe" this morning said that I just need to give myself permission. And the universe will take care of everything else.

My life has seemed like this constant struggle. To raise myself and then my children. To care for my grandchildren, especially Luke, who is totally dependent on me. Getting my bachelor's degree and then the graduate degree. Working even though I'm medically disabled. Struggle and more struggle.

Struggling hasn't worked for me and we all know what it means to keep doing the same thing expecting different results. I just need to let go. Let go and give myself permission to expect miracles. I tend to get so caught up with worrying about what form the miracles will take. I know, I know, ridiculous. My worrying will only block miracles.

So here I am folks (and universe) -- letting go. I give myself permission to stop worrying. To stop struggling in the same old ways. And finally, permission to accept the miracles the universe has waiting for me.

5 comments:

Christy said...

Hi Cheryl. I just read this today (Monday). You can borrow Jim's car for the week while he is in China, if you need a way to get to work. Call me.

StaceyG said...

That's awesome! Because worrying just blocks our desires from being provided by the Universe. Everything is perfect the way it is...and there's always a lesson.

Namaste'!

Cheryl said...

Thank you, Stacey, for reinforcing my belief that the universe is providing.

And thank you, Christy, for being the vehicle (pun intended) which the universe is using to provide!

The Muse's Oracle said...

Finally got to your blog again! You got your miracle and got your car so the Universe proved it is trustworthy. I was honored to be able to play a part. As you know, I also am learning similar lessons as I let go of the fear that all but paralyzed me in the past few months. I am letting go lately and trusting and I know it can be a moment by moment decision. Just stay in the flow and know that we all can do it and take back control of our lives again. You are such an inspiration, Cheryl! As crazy as our lives can become divine order rules if you allow it to be what it is and embrace everything, no matter what it feels or looks like. Be grateful and see the beauty in your life and work like crazy to believe in your dreams and make them happen.

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

I'm assuming that when you all say the "universe" is providing, you do mean God? Right?