Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Living alone (just the two of us)

The empty nest is underrated...Nora Ephron

That quote stays at the bottom of this blog but I don't think it's very noticeable. I always know it's there. And I fervently believe it. Not that this applies to Baby Luke, but it does to everyone else in my nest. Those who live in it and those who visit a bit too frequently. I'm dreaming of the day when Luke and I can move out and get our very own place. May 2007 is the plan.

We'll do very well in our own quiet home. I've always enjoyed living alone -- during the times when my little (or not so little) birds have flown away. Luke and I both do best with limited stimulation. I know, I know, I used to be somewhat of a social butterfly but that side of me comes out for very limited engagements now. And I've always liked a place to charge my batteries. Don't you all? One of my favorite readers just got her very own home and I know how much she adores it. Somehow I think she feels more alone in her house than she did living alone in an apartment. I can understand that. Of course, I also know she'll quickly fill the house with her beautiful art work and then with memories of good times with family and friends. But I do envy her. Not just for the very cute home, but for the place to herself. Luke and I would/will have a ball in our very own HOUSE! And that is something that I am intending for us. Would those of you who read this posting hold that thought for us? And while you're at it, hold the thought that I'll be able to keep Luke and raise him as my own. He already is, you know, in my heart.

4 comments:

cjm said...

Sure thing. When it's not so cold I'll go outside and tell the universe my request for you directly.

Yes, it does seem more alone but I'm getting used to it. Instead of thinking "what's that sound?" I think "that's the tree tapping on the window." And I painted the kitchen, which makes me happier than it probably should.

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

Praying for you and Baby Luke to have a place of your own! Even tho I live with 3 other people, whom I love with all my heart, I cherish the times when I can just be alone in my house...

StaceyG said...

As you know, if you intend it with all of your heart and soul, it will be!

The Muse's Oracle said...

Will put it into the prayer bowl at Carmel Temple and put it into my intentions list for Thursdays Intenders group I go to also! I know it will happen and on schedule too! So be it and it is so!