Thursday, March 15, 2007

Some days...

I've been really sick for the last 3 or 4 days. The doctor thought I had hepatitis. I was beginning to think so, too. And being sick, with a baby, not easy. Plus worrying about him having hepatitis, too. But today I found out my tests are negative. Probably just all my usual chronic illnesses, coupled with lots of stress. So I figure my body is trying (really hard) to tell me something. Slow down and remember what's important. Taking more care to eat right. To do some yoga - how many years have I been talking about that?

Anyway, I made it through my first day back at work today. And got rewarded by seeing Luke's sweet face waiting for me at daycare. Our little routine of his dinner, play, bath, story, bottle, and bed. What an incredible joy he is in my life.

This evening I'm just so incredibly grateful for so many things. Neither of us has hepatitis. I'm smart enough to figure out what my body is trying to tell me. My comfortable home and pets waiting for me. Just stuff. Just another day in paradise. Gotta go make some baby bottles for tomorrow's day in paradise.

4 comments:

The Muse's Oracle said...

Wonderful news! So glad that you are in such a good state of mind. Illness does wonders for your perspective doesn't it? Am so happy for you and Luke that the week has ended happily. Three cheers for listening to your body. Love you and miss you both.

StaceyG said...

I'm so glad to hear you are feeling better! Illness does tend to provide good contrast.

Namaste.

StaceyG said...

Where are you girl??

Anonymous said...

Feel better soon!

What a beautiful Kinkaid painting.